Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Stormy Weather, Go Away...Come Again....

Nah, don't come again!

Or maybe do. We are always guaranteed company when the weather sirens start going off! It started EARLY Monday morning, around 3:00ish, maybe. ?? We had just gone upstairs and brought the boys down to our bed, in case the power went off. Jeremy walked back through the living room and noticed a car sitting in the driveway. It was Miss Pam. :) She always comes before it gets really bad, so she knows she won't be having to drive in it and will have plenty of time to get here. Jeremy opened the door for her, and she said her plan had been to just sit in the car until the weather got really bad, then she would call us to let her in, because she didn't want to wake us up (then she saw us walking around getting the kids). Jeremy gave her a good scolding for that and told her she better just let us know she is on her way and come on in! Well, the kids all woke up then (and yes the power did go out). It never really got bad here, so Pam went back home. But the boys didn't want to go back to sleep. I think Troy finally did around 6....which of course, was just long enough for him to get good and asleep before I had to wake him up again to take Ty to school. :( So we all were slightly sleep deprived.

Peggy came over and we spent Monday trying to get some housework done here, with the intentions of alternating between our houses. We made a little progress, between kids and supper, and whatever else was going on. Another sleep deprived night Monday night, with Troy not being able to sleep, and Audrey up a good bit after about 2:00. We started trying to clean again Tuesday morning, but ended up getting ready for the storm party that was inevitably going to happen here Tuesday afternoon and evening. And happen it did. The whole immediate family was here, plus Jeremy's aunt Bonnie and Miss Pam. It got kinda rough. We stood on the back porch and watched a tornado form and go toward Guntersville, and a couple of the others even saw debris flying up over the treetops! We had another cell pass right over the house; it was rather nasty looking. But nothing bad happened here. We did get a few pictures, and if I ever get my computer fixed where I can upload pictures again, I will post them. :)

At one point while it was storming, we had a humorous scare. We made all the kids stay in the basement all evening, so if it did happen to get bad, we wouldn't have to worry about rounding them up. So they were playing in the basement by themselves, and all of a sudden, the power went out! Of course, no one had a flashlight on them, so we had to fumble around in the dark to get to the flashlight to go check on them. Meanwhile, we heard crying start from below. Poor Anna was scared to death! We found a flashlight and took off running down the stairs, and of course, about that time the power came back on. Amanda picked up Anna, who was boo-hooing. The ever prepared Zackary told his mom, "I had a flashlight right here." Needless to say, we made sure an adult was down there with them for the rest of the night, to try to cut down on the panic!

The whole week has had Miss Audrey out of sorts. She didn't know what to think about all the people here. I don't think she liked it much. I had to take her into the bedroom for some quiet time to try to calm her down. She is still a little out today. She and I went to Peggy's this morning to help her with her housework (Ty was at school, and Troy had gone with his daddy to bury a cow, among other things), and she just cried and cried the whole time we were there. I finally gave up and brought her back home, and as soon as I put her in her swing she was happy. She just needed some quiet time at home, I guess. :) I think we all do, sometimes.

Ty had his Halloween party at school today. He dressed up like a pirate. Tomorrow, they are going to talk about the color black. Then, Friday, his class is going to the pumpkin patch. :) Troy, Audrey, and I are planning to go, too. Then trick-or-treat all day Saturday between visiting Athens and running around down here! Sounds like the whole week is gonna be busy, but fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Love is always welcome!!!